Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This past week

Okay, so this past week has been kind of insane at my real job. My choice for the week was either to talk about games or play them.... I think you can guess which way I went.

Just wrapped up Halo 3: ODST with 1,000 out of 1,000. Woo hoo! In case you're having a hard time with the audio files I wanted to pass along a link that helped me out significantly. That was the last achievement I had to get and with this map in hand, er, on my laptop, I was able to pull it together in about an hour. Oh, and if you're trying for the achievements Deja Vu and Endure are every bit as difficult as you'd think they would be. Classic is relatively simple though. Just do the Uplift Reserve mission and drive past everything.

What's next for me? Well, I'm thinking about going through some of the backlog titles again. However, there are several games on the way in October that will simply/hopefully be too good to pass up.

Uncharted 2 looks sick and I can't wait to get my hands on that one. I loved the first game and definitely will see what Naughty Dog has cooked up for the sequel. I mean, this is what Indiana Jones games should be, but aren't. Hopefully Drake won't nuke the fridge.

MagnaCarta 2. This follow up to the PlayStation 2 RPG features some awesome art design by Korean artist Hyung-Tae Kim. The first game was a decent adventure and the second looks to be on par with expectations. What are the expectations you ask? How about efeminate heroes and ridonkulously busty heroines in skimpy attire?

Borderlands. This one has had a fascinating development cycle and I love the new art style. The whole apocalyptic vibe from the atmosphere looks really cool as well. This is definitely one I'll be checking out.

Oh, and Forza 3, DJ Hero, and some game called Tekken 6 will be out as well by the time Halloween roles around. Looks like it's going to be a good month! Personally I can't wait for November though. Bring on Modern Warfare 2 and Dragon Age!

Toad out.

No comments:

Post a Comment